Bookeye® 4 V3 Kiosk
Ultimate Copier Replacement for A3+
Full Features of the Larger A2+ Model at Entry Level Price
Bookeye® 4 V3 Kiosk is a true scanner solution, not just a digicam mounted on an expensive frame and it delivers professional image results. It was designed specifically as a self service book scanner / book copier for formats 40 % larger than A3 (390 x 450mm / 15.3 x 17.7 inch). With all the features of the larger A2+ model, the Bookeye ® 4 V3 Kiosk is perfect for offices, libraries, copy shops or other self service environments.
The Bookeye® 4 V3 Kiosk is so small that it can be set up on any desktop and the operator can easily scan in minutes. A casual user, from any walk of life, can quickly and easily operate this device. It offers the remarkable image quality of the larger overhead book scanner models at affordable, entry level pricing.
Through the freely configurable touchscreen, the user interface of the scanner can be precisely matched to the requirements of the customers (and to their corporate identity).
The unique book cradle solution allows users to digitize bound documents at an optical resolution of 400 dpi and A3+ in size, by either lying them flat on the scanning bed or in the V-cradle, at an angle of 120 degrees.
An integrated 19 inch preview monitor allows the operator to control image quality and make some modifications on the fly. Scanned images can be output to USB, eMail, network, printer or on a mobile device like an iPad or Anrdoid tablet.
The Scan2Pad® option enables wireless connection of the Bookeye® 4 V3 Kiosk directly to mobile devices like iPads and Android tablets. The book scanner can be operated directly from your iPad or tablets and the scanned images are available immediately on the mobile device for further processing and storage.
Scan2Pad uses the extensive functionality of the Bookeye® 4 Kiosk scanner. This includes creation of PDF files, automatic size recognition of the source document, color, grayscale and black and white scanning and of course, the well known high quality image results.
Each document is stored immediately after scanning in the Scan2Pad app. This ensures that all images are available without connection to the scanner at any time
Bookeye® 4 V3 Kiosk Does the Accounting For You!
The Bookeye® 4 V3 Kiosk copier has an integrated billing module. This means that for all applications that do not have an existing card or billing system, Bookeye® 4 V3 Kiosk can take over the billing itself. Configurable invoice printing and journaling are standard functions in the Bookeye® 4 Kiosk as well as the remote locking / unlocking of the system.
Bookeye® 4 V3 Kiosk Functions & Features
Functions, features and options available on the Bookeye 4 V3 Kiosk scanner.
Bookeye® 4 V3 Kiosk Functions
- Color overhead scanner for A3+ formats
- 400 optical dpi
- V-shaped book cradle 120 - 180 degrees
- Book Fold Correction - Scan bound documents without annoying shadows
- Automatic finger and thumb removal
- Automatic Crop & Deskew
- Integrated billing module
- Digital color balance
- Integrated ICC-profile
- Automatic white balance and black value
- Scan2USB--Walk-up Scanning to USB Stick
- Scan2Print--Output to any connected printer
- Scan2Network--Output to any network driver
- Wide color gamut: supports sRGB, Adone RGB, native RGB
- Output formats PDF, PDF/A, JPEG, TIFF, PNM
Bookeye® 4 V3 Kiosk Features
- LED lamps, no warm up, IR/UV free
- Large color WVGA touchscreen for simplified operation
- User interface configurable in your language
- Large 19 inch preview screen
- Virus resistant Linux operating system
- Operating system independent, runs under Windows, Linux, Mac OS, Unix
- Network scanning via any web browser; i.e. IE, Safari, Chrome, Firefox
- Easy installation
- Remote maintenance and analysis
- Web based firmware updates
- Including 12 months Full Coverage Warranty
Bookeye® 4 V3 Kiosk Options
- Scan2Pad --Wireless scanner operation and storage for iPad, Android
- Full Coverage Warranty --Up to 5 years, free spare parts and more
Bookeye® 4 V3 Kiosk Markets & Applications
The Bookeye® 4 V3 Kiosk book scanner is a valuable device for the following markets and applications. This list is neither complete nor exclusive, there are more markets and applications than listed and it should be taken only as a general guideline. If you have a specific application that is not listed here, please check with your sales representative.
Bookeye® 4 V3 Kiosk Markets
- Copy Shops
Bookeye® 4 V3 Kiosk Applications
- Gentle, protective preservation of fragile, historic books and documents
- Scanning newspapers, periodicals, catalogs and magazines
- Digitizing files from file folders
- Digitizing bound and stapled documents like contracts, accounts and documentation
- Copy books, file folders, newspapers, magazines, catalogs and more directly to a printer or via Scan2Pad option to a mobile device.
Download Bookeye® 4 V3 Kiosk product brochures
Bookeye®4 V3 Kiosk Book Scanner A3+, replaces copiers, saves resources and time
Bookeye® 4 V3 Kiosk Technical Data
This section provides you with the technical specifications and data associated with the Bookeye® 4 Kiosk book scanner. Speed, scan size, power consumption and environmental data can be found as well as shipping dimensions and weight. These documents are the most detailed summary of the technical specifications.
|Maximum Document Size||390 x 480 mm (15.3 x 18.9 inch),
50% more than DIN/ISO A3
|Optical Resolution||400 dpi|
|Scan Resolution||400 x 400 dpi|
|Pixel Dimension||9.3 x 9.3 µm|
|Scan Speed Color||DIN A3+ @ 150 dpi: 0.8 s
DIN A3+ @ 200 dpi: 1.1 s
DIN A3+ @ 300 dpi: 2.5 s
DIN A3+ @ 400 dpi: 3.2 s
|Color Depth||36 bit color, 12 bit grayscale|
|Scan Output||24 bit color, 8 bit grayscale, bitonal, enhanced halftone|
|File Formats||PDF, PDF/A, JPEG, PNM, TIFF decompressed,
TIFF G4 (CCITT)
|Computer||64 bit Linux, Intel i3, dual core processor,
8 Gigabyte memory
|Interface||1 GBit Fast Ethernet with TCP/IP based Scan2Net(R) interface|
|Camera||CCD camera, 22,500 pixels|
|Light Source||White LEDs, according IEC 60825-1: class 1, no IR/UV emission|
|Lamp Life Time||50,000 h (typ.)|
|Dimensions Scanner||780 x 500 x 580 mm (31 x 19.7 x 22.9 inch) H x W x D|
|Weight Scanner||30 kg (66 lbs.)|
|Electrical Connection||100-240 V AC, 47 - 63 Hz (external power supply,
complies with ECO standard CEC level V)
|Power Consumption||≤ 0.5 W (Sleep) / 2.5 W (Standby) /
130 W (Scanning)
|Operating Temp||5 to 40 °C, 40 to 105 °F|
|Rel Humidity||20 to 80 % (non-condensing)|
|Noise||< 42 dB(A) (Scanning) / < 33 dB(A) (Standby)|